W. M. Jordan Company is a full-service construction firm offering construction management and building solutions to a diverse clientele in Virginia and the Carolinas. The firm is highly esteemed as a top contractor in our region, and was named “2018 Top Contractor” by Engineering News Record Mid-Atlantic. The company ranks #213 on ENR’s Top 400 Contractors nationally, #23 Top Regional Contractors, and #7 Top Virginia Contractors. Inside Business Magazine includes W. M. Jordan Company in their “Best Places to Work in Hampton Roads” Hall of Fame, and the company has won similar recognition as a Best Place to Work by Virginia Business Magazine and the Richmond Times Dispatch.
This position supports the W. M. Jordan Company brand as well as the marketing and business development efforts for the company. The Marketing Coordinator is primarily responsible for the development, organization, production, quality control, and timely delivery of qualification statements, proposals, presentations, and related marketing materials such as brochures, resumes, and project sheets. The position involves research, technical and creative writing, and graphical support.
The Marketing Coordinator collaborates with business developers, technical staff and outside consultants. Additional duties may include preparation of press releases, coordinating special events, developing marketing collateral, trade show materials, award submissions, promotional materials, CRM database maintenance, and providing support for firm-wide marketing and business development efforts.
- Prepare proposal materials including writing, editing, and verifying proposal information, ensuring that proposal material is accurate, timely and well written
- Formatting proposals and marketing materials to conform and support brand standards and imaging
- Prepare and develop materials for client interviews, working with technical staff in a collaborative environment to script effective presentations and coaching presentation teams
- Work closely with the marketing manager to maintain and continually improve W. M. Jordan Company’s brand identity and consistent messaging
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5-7 years of experience working in a marketing setting, preferably in an AEC firm
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, English or Journalism preferred
- Excellent oral and personal communication skills are required to succeed in a fast-paced, professional business environment with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Enthusiastic, upbeat and positive personality with courteous, helpful and honest manner
- Strong writing, grammar, proofreading, and editing skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to write engaging content
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving ability
- Ability to interpret and disseminate information
- Exceptional time-management skills and the ability to work with multiple deadlines and multiple priorities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Professional drive to learn and stay current
Candidates meeting the qualifications noted above may apply by sending a cover letter, resume, and references to Sydney Galoozis, Employee Engagement Coordinator, via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants selected for an interview must provide a brief portfolio of work.
W. M. Jordan Company is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation with full benefits. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a health screening and to conform to W. M. Jordan Company’s Drug-Free Workplace policy.