Locations: Greenville, SC – Richmond, VA
W.M. Jordan Company offers industry-leading strategies for construction management, design-build, virtual construction, green building and public-private partnerships in Virginia and the Carolinas. A family-owned company, W.M. Jordan is committed to life-long learning, developing construction professionals, general wellness for all employees, and giving back through community service. Our philosophy of empowering people to be the best they can be is our foundation of success.
W. M. Jordan has established itself as a leader in Virtual Design & Construction and has been ranked within the top 50 contractors nationally for the past decade. We believe in utilizing VDC/BIM to solve complex design and construction problems and increasing the efficiency of the building process.
The VDC Engineer will be a position inside of W. M. Jordan Company’s Virtual Construction Department. This position will report to the VDC Manager and provide direct support to the VDC efforts corporately.
Responsibilities and Duties
The VDC Engineer is responsible for management of the BIM coordination process on a minimum of 2-3 projects simultaneously. This position requires collaboration with Design Architects and Engineers, Trade Partners, and the W. M. Jordan project team. As an integral project team member the VDC engineer works in preconstruction through construction phase of a project to:
- Develop BIM Execution plan and BIM coordination schedules
- Lead BIM coordination meetings between all project stakeholders.
- Conduct Clash Detection and Clash Avoidance through Navisworks and assign tasks to responsible parties.
- Interpret contract documents and review of RFI’s, submittals and shop drawings
- Content creation in Revit to facilitate the BIM coordination process.
- Chronicling the events on the project related to BIM for use in process improvement as well as Marketing of the company VDC portfolio
- Travel will be required to project sites.
- Training of staff members on use of BIM during construction.
Qualifications and Skills
- 4+ year Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction related major or 3+ years of related work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience reading construction plans and specifications
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- 3+ years of experience with Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, Autocad , SketchUp and Civil 3D
- Experience with VDC software; Lumion, 3D Max, Enscape, Synchro and Bluebeam
- Experience in project scheduling and scheduling software
- Ability to use creative problem solving, work independently, and resolve issues with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We offer our full-time employees a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
W. M. Jordan Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer