Location: Newport News, VA
W.M. Jordan Company offers industry-leading strategies for construction management, design-build, virtual construction, green building and public-private partnerships in Virginia and the Carolinas. A family-owned company, W.M. Jordan is committed to life-long learning, developing construction professionals, general wellness for all employees, and giving back through community service. Our philosophy of empowering people to be the best they can be is our foundation of success.
W.M. Jordan Company is seeking a full-time Project Estimator in the Newport News, Virginia area with 5 years of commercial construction experience. Project Estimators work directly with the Owner, Design Team, and Project Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other construction documents to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates for construction projects
- Computes estimate costs for materials purchased and/or leased equipment, subcontracted work, production activities and requirements, and labor
- Prepares budget estimates and schedules
- Performs Value Management
- Develops procurement strategies
- Develop subcontractor/supplier relationships
- Solicits Trade Partner proposals
- Prepares and executes subcontracts
- Prepares final contract estimate
Qualifications and Experience:
- Five years commercial construction experience as a Project Estimator preferred but not required
- Proficient in Sage Timberline Software and On-Screen Take- Offs preferred but not required
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent listening skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Active participant in a team environment.
- Exhibit excellent communication and organizational skills
We offer our full-time employees a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
W. M. Jordan Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer