Locations: Greenville, SC Newport News, VA
W.M. Jordan Company offers industry-leading strategies for construction management, design-build, virtual construction, green building and public-private partnerships in Virginia and the Carolinas. A family-owned company, W.M. Jordan is committed to life-long learning, developing construction professionals, general wellness for all employees, and giving back through community service. Our philosophy of empowering people to be the best they can be is our foundation of success.
W.M. Jordan Company is seeking a full-time Project Engineer with commercial construction experience. Project Engineers work closely with subcontractors and suppliers and all members of the project team to form an effective management team for our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up Contact List in SharePoint.
- Prepare Submittal List/Logs – SharePoint (See Submittal Tracking supplement).
- Coordinate submittal requirements with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Maintain and update submittal logs.
- Coordinate material delivery requirements with Superintendent, Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Initiate, research and track Requests for Information (RFI’s).
- Field questions from subcontractors and suppliers relative to shop drawings and contract requirements.
- Ensure the latest Contract Documents are provided to subcontractors and suppliers as directed by the Project Manager.
- Participate in jobsite Progress Meetings.
- Research and follow-up Proposals as delegated by the Project Manager.
- Update Contract Documents with Addenda, Bulletins, Change Orders, RFI’s and ensure they are complete.
- Prepare close-out Documents, i.e., Operations and Maintenance Manuals and Warranties.
- Participate in development and updating or maintaining of the project schedule as delegated by a Project Manager.
- Track green building requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Both field and office based experience as a commercial construction Project Engineer.
- Two (2) years commercial construction experience.
- OSHA training preferred.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and architectural drawings.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, BlueBeam and various scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera, Phoenix).
- Experience with Building Information Modeling.
- Excellent listening skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Active participant in a team environment.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
W. M. Jordan Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer