W. M. Jordan Company is a full-service construction contractor offering construction management and building solutions to a diverse clientele in Virginia and the Carolinas. The firm is highly esteemed as a top contractor in our region, and was named “2018 Top Contractor” by Engineering News Record Mid-Atlantic. The company ranks #175 on ENR’s Top 400 Contractors nationally, #19 Top Regional Contractors, and #5 Top Virginia Contractors. Inside Business Magazine includes W. M. Jordan Company in their “Best Places to Work in Hampton Roads” Hall of Fame, and the company has won similar recognition as a Best Place to Work by Virginia Business Magazine and the Richmond Times Dispatch.
W. M. Jordan Company has a full-time position available for a Digital Marketing Specialist in our Newport News or Richmond office. The Digital Marketing Specialist will drive the digital marketing efforts for W. M. Jordan Company. This position is responsible for Web optimization, marketing automation, SEO, paid search activities, social media strategy and execution, and upkeep and maintenance of the company’s CRM and CMS database.
The position will serve as a subject-matter expert in digital strategies, striving to optimize lead generation, nurturing, and conversion through various digital media campaigns and landing page tests. This position will focus on using analytics to drive engagement and conversion. The Digital Marketing Specialist will help craft strategy for future campaigns with in-depth analysis of results.
As part of the Marketing Team, the Digital Marketing Specialist plays a key role ensuring accurate and timely creation and delivery of email campaigns, webpages, and social media campaigns, creating engaging content for a variety of audiences that is consistent with brand guidelines. The successful candidate will attend and document company events to create content for digital platforms.
Role and Responsibilities
- Website: Manage our content management system (CMS). Develop and produce content. Maintain and update all webpages, ensuring all content is up to date, has a consistent tone of voice, user journey is clear and performance of content is measured against clear objectives. Ensure the structure, navigation, and content is optimized using on-page and technical SEO tactics to attract and engage prospects that closely match our target market segments via organic search of Google, Bing and Yahoo. Develop a subscription-based blog and grow over time based on stated goals, objectives, and analytics.
- Social Media: Manage W. M. Jordan Company’s social media strategy including developing content, posting, and tracking results. Planning and coordinating a schedule of activity across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and other appropriate channels to expand our social media audience base. Engaging with key constituents and following key stakeholders via social media channels.
- Email Marketing: Plan and manage a regular schedule of email marketing activity, growing our subscriber base and creating engaging, relevant content including testing to optimize results.
- Digital Analytics: Help set and work to performance indicators for SEO and social media which complement overall Marketing and Business Development objectives. Track, analyze, and report how each website initiative and social media platform is working to achieve stated goals and objectives. Suggest and implement next steps based on this data analysis for continuous improvement.
- Marketing Database: Update and maintain our CRM system/marking database to include companies, contacts, project history, personnel updates, images, and marketing collateral. Develop expertise to maximize use of this web-based system, integrating available features to promote automation and efficient work flow.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Successful applicant must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced atmosphere, have a mind for strategy with attention to detail, and the ability to create compelling, engaging digital content. This person must demonstrate an understanding of and proficiency in digital marketing strategy, SEO, digital analytics, and writing for the web. A Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Marketing or related discipline is preferred. Experience in A/E/C marketing or professional services marketing is a plus.
- Excellent oral and personal communication skills are required to succeed in a fast-paced, professional business environment with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to write engaging content specifically for digital communications.
- Graphic design experience in digital media with the ability to manipulate images and create graphics.
- Proficient with Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with WordPress.
- Professional drive to learn and stay current.
Candidates meeting the qualifications noted above may apply by sending a cover letter, resume, and references to Sydney Galoozis, Employee Engagement Coordinator, via email email@example.com. Applicants selected for an interview must provide a brief portfolio of work.
W. M. Jordan Company is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation with full benefits. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a health screening and to conform to W. M. Jordan Company’s Drug-Free Workplace policy.