Location: Richmond, VA
W.M. Jordan Company offers industry-leading strategies for construction management, design-build, virtual construction, green building and public-private partnerships in Virginia and the Carolinas. A family-owned company, W.M. Jordan is committed to life-long learning, developing construction professionals, general wellness for all employees, and giving back through community service. Our philosophy of empowering people to be the best they can be is our foundation of success.
W.M. Jordan Company is seeking a full-time Construction Quality Control Manager in the Richmond, Virginia area to manage our upcoming 12-month project in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Develop and implement project-specific quality control
- Inspect and evaluate the work area in accordance with plans, specifications, and contract documents, reporting deficiencies as appropriate and elevating issues as needed to ensure safe work practices and quality
- Develop, gather, maintain, and/or submit work plans, submittals, reports, etc.
- Ensure that subcontractors are aware of all project quality control
- Plan for and conduct a three-phase inspection program to include: Preparatory Meetings and Reports; Initial Phase Inspections and Reports; Follow-up Inspections and Reports; and Final Phase Inspections and
- Lead and document quality control meetings with the project team and/or customers; and provide written minutes.
- Provide daily quality control reports to achieve desired quality outcomes in a timely manner by reinforcing activities that are being constructed in conformance with project-specific standards; and constructively confront non-conformance
- Verify and document that all materials/equipment received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal, are handled and stored appropriately, and are acceptable for use in the project; check for damaged and defective materials and address
- Schedule, coordinate, and document all required code and independent inspections. Clearly document, correct, and re-inspect all non-conformances prior to covering up work.
- Review the as-built drawings to ensure that they are current, and that deviations from the contract drawings are
- Review the Job Site Safety Plan, verify that a hazard analysis has been approved prior to the performance of a specific feature of work during the preparatory phase of control, verify that safety measures are in place during the initial phase of control, and conduct safety inspections during the follow-up phase of control.
- Stop work; reject materials and/or equipment; and direct the removal and replacement of any work not in compliance with contract documents, applicable codes, building standards, and/or established principles of construction engineering, or activities which present life-threatening conditions or damage to the site.
- Communicate and interact as a team member with all trades, manufacturers, suppliers, construction staff and customer representatives, in a professional
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, construction science, engineering, or related field from an accredited university preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in programs of similar size and scope.
- Current OSHA 30; First Aid/CPR; and USACE Construction Quality Control Management certifications; or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal); and ability to interact professionally with customers, coworkers, and subcontractors.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and Procore.
- Familiar with USACE RMS CM and EM-385-1-1
- Uncompromising commitment to safety
- Must be able to pass all required contract security requirements.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
W.M. Jordan Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer