Location: Hampton Roads, VA
W. M. Jordan Company is a full-service construction firm offering industry-leading construction management and building solutions to a diverse clientele in Virginia and the Carolinas. The firm is highly esteemed as a top contractor in our region and has been named “Contractor of the Year” by Engineering News Record Mid-Atlantic. Inside Business Magazine includes W. M. Jordan Company in their “Best Places to Work in Hampton Roads” Hall of Fame and the company has won similar recognition as a Best Place to Work by Virginia Business Magazine and the Richmond Times Dispatch. A family-owned company, W.M. Jordan is committed to life-long learning, developing construction professionals, general wellness for all employees, and giving back through community service. Our philosophy of empowering people to be the best they can be is our foundation of success.
W.M. Jordan Company is seeking a full-time Business Development Manager is in Hampton Roads, Virginia with at least 10 years of commercial construction experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle all aspects/markets of Business Development with an “Outside Sales” perspective for the entire South Hampton Roads area, including Northeastern NC and surrounding area +/- 60-miles from Newport News.
- Lead generation through personal contact, intelligence gathering and local relationships
- Coordinate efforts in a team environment with Business Development Managers located within Hampton Roads and throughout the Mid-Atlantic region (Virginia, North & South Carolina)
- Support Marketing teams by facilitating the project pursuit process until award
- Support Operations teams by facilitating relationships throughout the life of the project
- Actively promotes the company’s profile and brand by participating in tradeshows, association events, and conferences. Seeks out impactful sponsorship opportunities that leverages Raleigh leadership
- Report on planned and executed sales activities to appropriate levels of management
- Maintain ongoing client relationships after project start-up
- Engage operations personnel and subject matter experts in sales process early
- Maintain memberships in professional organizations and attend industry events
Qualifications and Experience:
- Current resident of South Hampton Roads containing relationships with commercial industry and local government
- Experience with Commercial Construction in an Operations or Business Development role
- Experience with a CRM database is preferred
- Knowledge in the RFP process, preferably in the AEC industry
We offer our full-time employees a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
W.M. Jordan Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer